;) Team Wink (;

"Like" my Athlete Page on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/fitnesswink11

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Always on the GO!

Being a single mommy can be so challenging.. I've got my agenda for my day, and it never matches the demands of my two children... I'm sure that some of you can relate.. Do you every have to be in multiple locations at the same time? This is one of the many different stresses that parenting is.. It's how to be everything to your children, while nurturing yourself and being all you can be to yourself... I struggle with this a lot. I was telling my Coach Karen this morning. I really want to motivate women who feel like they can't take an hour out of there day for just them... I remember feeling bad or allowing others to make me feel guilty for taking time during my day for me. Today is a good example of this. My little brother is in town for a week... My daughter is at home.. Both are demanding. My brother wanted to train with me, and I wanted to train with him.. I had meetings directly after my training sesh, so I could have made an excuse as to why I couldn't train today... However, I told the kids to pack a lunch and to bring something to keep them busy for an hour, so they too could get there training in too. In my home it's not a choice its a life style.. If I give up my time for me during the day, the result typically always ends negatively. Why? Because I don't feel good on the inside, because I didn't take time in my day for me. You see, when I hit the gym with my coach, I'm there to clear my head and work on me.. Internally just as much as externally... Of course it feels great to look great.. But, there is nothing that feels better than actually FEELING great on the inside...

For me I have to constantly remind myself that I have set a goal for myself (my show in April) And no matter what,  I'm going to accomplish my goal...I deserve to do that for me. This doesn't mean that I can't be a good mother and sister. It just means that I learn how to be creative as I accomplish this goal.. And I incorporate my children into it...



Time to run.... Schools, out and I need to pick up my sis... always on the tho GO, I tell ya.

2 comments:

  1. I really needed to read this today... After being told some things this weekend by a person I thought was excited and proud of me for bettering myself and working on living a healthier life.. What was said made me feel like I was a bad mother and that no matter what I did or how I lived my life it wasn't good enough.. its nice to hear that taking time for yourself doesn't make a woman a bad mother. Meeting you and starting this lifestyle change has made me happier and more confident than I have ever been in all the 29 years of my life and I am truely grateful. A happier healthier me has made a huge difference in mine and my daughters relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl... I've had to teach myself to not take another’s opinion of me personally... It takes time... The more your surround yourself with people who love you and support you, the more those people who don't will go away.. Spend time doing things that make you feel good, and with people who make you feel good... Growth and success will follow. And most of all... Take time for you EVERY day... You do deserve that! xo

    ReplyDelete