;) Team Wink (;

"Like" my Athlete Page on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/fitnesswink11

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012...........Is off to a GREAT start...

My name is Jessica Winkelhausen.. This is my blog where I'll capture my journey, as I train for my first fitness competition with the WBFF on April 28, 2012! I'm a mother to my beautiful daughter who's 14... I'm also raising my amazing little sister who is 15... I lost my mother when I was 27, to breast cancer... It has been the most devastating event in my life. It's caused a lot of pain, which has resulted in tremendous inner growth. Watching my foundation die from something so ugly, has forever changed my way of living, feeling, loving... It's simply changed who I am. I've always been into working out... But in my 20's it was more so to "look good." My health and wellness today is fueled by a passion deep within.. Perhaps even a little fear resonates in some of my soul. As I truly do fear cancer! I want to do everything in my being to ensure that I'm the healthiest version of me. On my journey I hope that my story will motivate survivors, mothers, women, professionals, athletes, and ordinary people.

Here's my offical Bio, to help kick off my journy...

Born April 6th, 1980 in sunny San Diego Ca, Jessica Winkelhausen discovered her love for athletics when she started training for gymnastics. After moving to Etna California, Jessica joined gymnastics club program known as Tumble Town. Flipping and dancing around the gym starting in 6th grade she began her competitive gymnastics career.

Along with practicing gymnastics, Jessica danced jazz, tap... and ballet choreographed acrobatic dance routines and traveled long distances as an all around gymnast. By 1991, Jessica was one of Etna’s most decorated gymnasts, earning a spot at Bela Karolyis summer camp in Houston Texas. During that summer Jessica trained alongside the United States top professional gymnasts.

After giving birth to her daughter Brionna Wiman, Jessica knew that her next goal was to accomplish training for her first figure competition. After moving to Chico to obtain her education Jessica graduated with her Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice with a minor in global issues. Jessica’s plan was to then pursue a career with the FBI relocating her to the east coast! However, several days before her graduation ceremonies from California State University Chico, Jessica’s mother informed her that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer! One word, DEVASTATED! Jessica immediately switched gears and decided to pursue a career with Intel Americas in 2004, keeping her close to her mother.

Jessica accomplished her first NPC state pro figure competition in 2004, competing in Contra Costa California. Jessica took 6th place! Her achievements have caught the attention of several publications. She was published in several fitness forums and publications such as Oxygen magazine, Miss Fitness USA magazine, and Health and Fitness online. Jessica was Miss April in Northern California’s Sports and Hunting calendar in 2007. Jessica went on to compete in the 2007 NPC Sacramento Pro Figure competition placing 7th.

2007! The year that drastically changed Jessica's entire life. Her mother lost her battle to breast cancer. Jessica remembers it like it was yesterday. Jessica NEVER thought that her mom would die from this.. After three days in a coma, her mother died in her arms. Jessica said there are "simply NO words to describe how heart broken I felt, how heart broken I still am. It’s scary as hell being a mom without having a mom to guide me. It’s devastating to watch someone you love die from something so ugly." Living through her mothers death, Jessica knew that health and fitness would be her life’s work. Jessica has been blessed with raising her 15 year old siter since her mothers death.

Jessica struggled with depression for a LONG time. She felt hopeless! If it wasn’t for her passion and love for the gym, she believes that her sadness would have filtered thru more areas of her life, for longer amounts of time.. Even the days that she didn’t feel like getting out of bed, she admits that she did at least drag herself to the gym…Thus, the reason Health and Wellness are a huge part of who Jessica is.

Jessica is giving you a glimpse into her life for multiple reasons. She's very passionate about sharing her story on how to maintain being sexy, healthy, beautiful and fit. Especially, to all you women who are moms, wives, career women, busy women. Jessica hopes that her story motivates the hearts of all women... and guys too.

Jessica is a nationally certified Personal instructor, group exercise instructor, figure and fitness competitor, fitness writer and model. She maintains a career in radio, is a full time mother and sister. Jessica is also very active in her community. It is Jessica’s aim to continually educate herself in the field of women’s health and fitness so that she may be a resource to others. Jessica demonstrates that ANYTHING is possible.

Jessica lives by these words; "In this life, I want to give back, more than I ever take."

No comments:

Post a Comment