;) Team Wink (;

"Like" my Athlete Page on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/fitnesswink11

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Water weight and rice cakes

Stepping on stage for my first World Championships in August was such a thrilling experience. The highlight of my trip was standing on stage next to Andrea Brazier.

During my last month of training for this show, I started to feel very discouraged. I had changed things up concerning my training. This year, I worked with Danny Castillo UFC fighter on my conditioning. The things Danny had me doing, are things I've never done before. I was putting in the effort, I stayed honest on my nutrition, but I knew that my body wasn't changing like it needed to, in order for me to step on stage..

Determined to give it my all, I stay focused and kept my mind in a positive place... I knew in that final week, my biggest challenge would be to figure out my water weight.. Something I always struggle with.

THANK GOD, during this process I had Chris Hintz with fivestar nutrition guiding me on my meal prep... It made me feel more confident about the way I approached my final weeks... Even though I knew something was off, and I felt very sluggish... I trusted the process...

Arriving in Vegas was almost tearful... I walked into the host hotel... And, immediately saw my direct competition. I knew that my body hadn't come in the way it needed to. No longer able to access Chris or Danny, I decided to make some drastic changes in the last 48 hours before show time.... rice cakes and sugar free jelly.... As in bags and bags bags of them... Every two hours I was up eating these rice cakes, without being able to wash them down with water. It felt like sand paper in my mouth... Not to mention that I was extremely exhausted. I was looking forward to doing nothing but relax on my arrival to Vegas... No kids, no work, no worries in the world.... YEAAAAA RIGHT!

Let's just say my personal goal was to place in the top 10.... I didn't place in the top 10. But, I made the best of my experience..







No comments:

Post a Comment